Friday, February 29, 2008

Phlegmie Friday!

"The Reluctant Bride," by Toulmouche

Blast! I caught a cold. My sinuses are so compacted with unmentionable nastiness that I'm walking around slack-jawed, breathing through my mouth. What's worse is that "mouth-breather*" is one of my favorite insults and now I am one! I selected this painting by Toulmouche not because I'm a reluctant bride (certainly not after 10 years of marriage!) but because the expression on the subjects face captures how I feel, afflicted as I am. If only there were kind nurses to soothe my brow and pet my hand. Gerrard has quite accommodatingly been sleeping on my feet to keep them warm, and Wasabi eyes me with concern each time I sneeze, but it isn't really the same. Sigh. I had so many plans for this weekend.

BTW - Happy Leap Year! Do something unusual!

*Mouth-breather: any Neanderthal-like creature who behaves in or expresses brutish manners or thoughts. An uncouth and uncivilized ruffian. - As defined by Mrs. Fox

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear that you are not at your best, yet can't help noticing that snuffling and sniffling does not seem to affect your wonderful writing.

And you even get to have feet warmers- two of them!

Sigh. There is no justice in the world.

But I hope that you feel better soon. :0

Liz Harrell said...

I'm so sorry you feel poorly. But, you know that if there were nurses hanging around, trying to pet your hand, you would tell them all to take a hike. :) Hope you get well soon.

Mrs. Fox said...

Liz, LOL! You know me too well. :)

the mother of this lot said...

Sorry you're not feeling well. Perhaps tagging you for a book meme will make you feel better!

Jennie said...

It's a good job you don't know me in rl then as I am always having to breath through my mouth :/

I hope you are feeling less stuffed up soon and much better soon! :D