Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Artistic endeavours

This past Saturday I had some time to work on my painting. It was a beautiful sunny morning and the light was wonderful. In my usual Bohemian way, I just plopped down in the floor and started painting. Easel? Who needs an easel?

Of course, I had lots of help from the doggies.

Wasabi, being of Japanese descent, had lots of opinions on how things were progressing. She likes to try to stick her nose in the paint. Wouldn't a big splotch of bright red look great on that face?
Gerrard, who is very sweet but not very cultured, just wanted to have his powder-puff toy thrown.

Despite all the distractions, I managed to get a lot done. There's quite a bit of detail work still to go, but the foundation is there.

7 comments:

Liz Harrell said...

As always... I'm impressed. You should paint all the time. Seriously, how many talents do you have? :)

the mother of this lot said...

I can't wait to see the finished article! You'll have to do a close-up shot of the detail.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, exquisite...but you make it sound so effortless! Perhaps that's why your natural talent shines through so clearly.

Sigh.

Couldn't you 'share out' just a teeny bit of your talent? I'm first in the queue.

Jennie said...

It's looking fantastic, can't wait to see it when it is finished!

Linda said...

That is really a great painting. Wish I could do that.

Unknown said...

Ama is very impressed, I can take little or no credit, just a gene here or there. It is a great pleasure to see that inspite of my inability to teach when so long ago you asked you are quite an artist. Beautiful paintings to go with all the beautiful words what a wonder I have spawned!

Mrs. Fox said...

TatsuAma-sama, how could I not learn from you?!