Thursday, February 7, 2008

Jill Sprat and Her Hubby

"Jack Sprat could eat no fat
His wife could eat no lean

And so betwixt the two of them
They licked the platter clean
"


Only in my house it's the wife who can't eat fat. This morning, I discovered that the chicken that I had roasted in the Romertopf had been divvied up into two containers by my husband. One was labeled, "White Meat" and the other, "B's Dark Meat, Fat, Skin, & Connective Tissue." As much as I love him, I almost gagged.

Granted it could be a trick. There could be German chocolate truffles in that box and no power on Earth would persuade me to open it marked as it is.

How about you? What puts you off your feed?

3 comments:

Casdok said...

What puts me off my food! I wish something did!!

Liz Harrell said...

Really thick meat on a hamburger. You know, when it's still pink in the middle? Oh. My. Gosh. Makes me run for the car.

Jennie said...

Ugh that nearly made me gag as well! LOL @ casdoks comment.
If I'm eating any fish and it has the tiniest bone in it, I can't eat anymore. *I mash up tuna for sandwiches almost obsessively). Im the same if I find any hair in food.
ACK!