Monday, May 19, 2008

Repartee

I had such a wonderful time this weekend. Liz, of Mabel's House fame, generously invited me to attend her youngest sister's high school graduation. Despite car troubles, nearly every moment was filled with sparkling conversation and humor. I cannot remember the last time I laughed so much or felt so instantly at ease as a guest. Being around Liz and her sisters, I couldn't help but be remind of the Dashwood girls from Jane Austen's Sense and Sensibility, or the Marches from Little Women. It is rare that siblings get along so well and are all so talented.

My thanks to Liz and her family for being such vivacious hosts.

7 comments:

Maggie May said...

Glad you had such a lovely time away! Oh.... I used to LOVE "Little Women" and cried buckets when Beth died!
Hope you got the car troubles sorted.

the mother of this lot said...

Glad you had laughter and a good time!

Mrs. Fox said...

Maggie, the car troubles fell to Liz's husband to sort out. I'll leave Liz to tell that story since her husband had to suffer through it. Her middle sister and I took photos of the gas station where we broke down and kept Mabel entertained. It could have been awful but we had a good time all the same.

Anonymous said...

Well, that sounds like somewhere I would have liked to have been. The Dashwooods or the Marches? What a glowing compliment! Is there any higher praise?

Liz Harrell said...

We've decided to vote you an honorary sister! Thanks for the compliment, because honestly, we wind up scaring most folks! It speaks to your sturdy character that you survived! :)

Becca has pictures from the 'break-down' for me to email you, dont let me forget.

Kathi said...

What fun! Aside from the car trouble, which sounds like Emma stuck in the creek, being rescued by Mr.Frank Churchill. As Jane would say in EMMA, "....One can never have too large a party..."

Jennie said...

Glad you had such a lovely time!