Monday, January 14, 2008

The Amazing Bundt

Okay, quick confession: Bundt cakes make me happy. The mere sight of a cleverly crafted Bundt pan and an effervescent joy suffuses my being. I can't explain it. I can only offer my apologies to pastry chefs the world over.

Anyway, one of my Christmas prezzies was a castle Bundt pan. As darling as it is, a fear lingered in my heart, the fear of every Bundt aficionado - it's gonna stick! Look at the crenellation on the towers! The darling borders to the gate! It will stick and my vision of a beautiful castle Bundt will lie in yummy, cakey ruins . . .

Only, it didn't stick!!!!


And to what do I owe my success? The name says it all.


4 comments:

Liz Harrell said...

This is one fabulous cake. Very impressive. They would probably love it in the bakery that now resides where my HOUSE used to be.

I'm buying that spray immediatly, as soon as I have a bundt cake to use it on. :)

Jennie said...

Wow that is wonderful (though I have to admit I had to look up what a bundt cake was!

Mrs. Fox said...

Jennie, it may be like mince meat pies, a regional peculiarity. :)

The Nester said...

That is unbelievable! I sure hope you didn't ruin it by eating it!