Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Reach Out & Amuse Someone


Message #1: "Darling, you know I love you, really I do, but things can't go on like this. I know you're out there keeping the streets of our fair city safe, but I'm more important than Crime or Justice, or any other ideals! - - Hello, dear. I was about to get in the shower and of course that's when you'll call me back, so I wanted you to have a nice melodramatic message to entertain you. I love you!"

Message #2:
"Hello, dearest, just a quick post script to my previous voice mail. When I mentioned ideals I meant Platonic Ideals, because crime isn't an ideal unless you're talking about Platonic Ideals - which I was. And when I say Platonic I don't mean 'friendly.' I mean that strange Greek fellow with all the odd ideas about caves. All right then, good bye."

2 comments:

Maggie May said...

Funny how someone ALWAYS rings just as you get in the shower!

the mother of this lot said...

The man's a saint to put up with you!

I know about Episcopalians because I asked Fr. J about it once when I was reading the Fr. Tim Mitford series. He described the church as 'American Anglicans', but I read up a bit myself and I think we're a lot closer than that. Anyway, Fr. J says Episcopalians are 'top people'. He says the same thing about Quakers.

Funny, he never describes Catholics as 'top people'. Well, not me, at least.