Monday, July 14, 2008

Johnny & June

When Walk the Line came out several years ago, I didn't want to like it. I can't explain why. So, when I did enjoy the movie it impressed upon me what a good story it actually is. I happened to catch it on TV Saturday and got drawn in again. I think I've blathered about it to everybody else I know, so why not you too? :)

The movie always leaves me wanting to know more about June Carter Cash. She must have been a phenomenal woman. I mean, she actually saved Johnny Cash. He was an absolute mess and she saved him. How often does that really happen? Of course, he had to want it for himself, or it never would have lasted, but you get the feeling that his love for her was the only reason he tried. There is something almost mythic about their love. Something that gives you hope. Who wouldn't want a love like Johnny & June?



P.S. YouTube has some fantastic old footage of the two of them performing together.

4 comments:

Bee said...

For whatever reason, I've never desired to watch this movie. You have me questioning whether I should give it a chance. I'll let you know what I think of it.

Holly said...

Like elise sheppard, I never had an interest in this movie. It's now going on my list of films to see. I'm glad you blathered about it to us. :)

Mrs. Fox said...

I hope you both enjoy it. I'll feel bad if I've steered you wrong. :)

Jennie said...

This was on the other evening but I wasn't in the mood and didn't think I'd enjoy it! Now I wish I had watched it. I will definitely watch it when it is on again!