Sunday, July 13, 2008

Cabin Fever

So, to add insult to injury our computer died on Wednesday. Officer B very kindly replaced it for me today. He said he was afraid he was going to drive by the house and find me in the window with big note cards, trying to communicate with the outside world. I've got to tell you, after a few days alone in the house I start getting a little weird. Considering I'm pretty odd to begin with . . . well, you can imagine. I think the clencher was when I shared my theory with him that John McCain is a zombie. Anyway, I'm back on-line so things should improve quickly.

I haven't been idle though. I had to do something to keep myself occupied so I dug out my beads and started making earrings. That was okay for awhile but then I started getting cranky fiddling with all those tiny little beads.

I also finally broke down and went to the bookstore and got a new book to read. I'd gone through everything I'd been given, not to mention crossword puzzles and nearly every movie in the house. I've been bored. Can you tell?

7 comments:

Liz Harrell said...

You should have called me! I would have rescued you! :)

Holly said...

I LOVE your earrings! They are absolutely wonderful!

Bee said...

That's a lot of earrings. You were bored. Glad you're up and running again:)

Anonymous said...

Guess what? I, too, am computerless AND phoneless. Lightning, I think. I'm getting lots of reading done, though - and scrapbooking - and actual written letters.

But I cannot WAIT until I am back in the land of the living! Today I am at a friend's house using her computer while she is out. Yay for friends. :)

Jen

Renae said...

It looks like your Christmas shopping is done . . . :-) I'll take the blue ones in the middle! ;-)

Blessings!

Jennie said...

You are very productive! Those earrings are lovely. What book did you get?

Mrs. Fox said...

Jennie, Fatal Waltz by Tasha Alexander. It is the 3rd in a new mystery series I discovered and all three have been very good.