Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Snark, snark, snark

"She's vanilla, but she thinks she's dark chocolate."


I've started reading "Twilight" by Stephenie Meyer and the above statement is my tidy analysis of what is annoying about her heroine. I'm a fan of character driven plots and there isn't a single main character who has wooed me. It is chock full of cliches. The story concept had been beaten, killed, buried, exhumed, made into a marionette, beaten, buried, exhumed, sold to the circus, beaten . . . And yet, I keep turning the pages! God help me, its fascinating in the same way train wrecks are fascinating. You just can't look away from the scattered limbs and twisted metal. I have to recommend it, even if every literary fiber in my being shrieks against it.

BTW - It's Liz's fault that I'm reading this tripe.

2 comments:

Liz Harrell said...

Bless you for confirming my own feelings. I cant tell you what a comfort it is to have you on the same horrific journey. :)

Jennie said...

I don't think I'll bother reading that one then ;)