Monday, August 11, 2008

Gone to ground.

Hi all! I am feeling very well and doing great. Thanks for the kind wishes. I got back home and just fell into a funk. I've got a huge stubborn streak and the more I felt pressured to communicate with the outside world the deeper I dig in my heels and refused. People mean well, I know, and I'm not claiming that my way is the right way, but over the years I have come to discover that right or wrong it is a character trait that is very central to who I am. I don't like to be pushed. In fact pushing me is a sure way to get me to do the opposite of what you want. So, like any good fox, I went to ground and absolutely refused to surface until I was darn good and ready.

Thank you all so much for your kind comments on the story. I've worked along time on it and the characters are like my own children. So it is nice to see them so well received. I will definitely be posting more in the future.

I've been re-reading an old fantasy series that is a favorite of mine (David Edding's The Belgariad) and enjoying rediscovering old literary friends. If you want an excellent example of strong character development, Eddings is one to look at.

I've also been watching lots of the Olympics and have been amazed by both the skill and good sportsmanship of all involved. Now if only we could get the media to adopt some of those good manners. I dream. I dream. The opening ceremonies left me completely awed. Words actually escape me - the artistry, sophistication, taste - all exemplar.

So, that's me.

6 comments:

Bee said...

Glad your back. Your stubborn streak sounds like me, and my son:)

Unfortunately, I missed the opening ceremony. You are the second person who has commented on it. I wish I had caught it.

Have a great week!

Holly said...

I'm so happy to see you back! You and your wonderful words have been missed. Glad to hear you're doing well.

I've always found the opening ceremonies to be a little boring but I'm pretty bummed now about missing this year's event because I've heard from so many that it was amazing! Serves me right for being a party pooper, I guess. :)

Tatsuama said...

You would think that my now people would know better than to try to badger the Fox from her hole and wait until they see her cute nost peeking out. I am very pleased to see that cute nose it was greatly missed. Knowing your day is brigher makes my a little brighter too.

Love Ama

Kathi said...

Welcome back. You do sound a bit like me. I do that too. I promise to look into The Belgariad, but truly do you think someone like me, with my history of lack of education, could understand it and enjoy it? I do want to improve myself. Kathi

Maggie May said...

Yes....... I am like that too & my daughter also!
Liked your stories BTW! Very talented.
You must be the judge of what you want & need to do!

Jennie said...

:/

Glad to see you back Mrs Fox, but please don't feel you have to be back. I have strange rebellious streak and my ex husband was a devil for trying to make me finish projects I had started and all it did was make me more adamant I didn't want to finish them! I also like to just retreat from the world and I find it easier to come back when I am ready rather than feel I should be back.
Can't wait to see more of your story!